Last updated: February 24, 2020
Health Warnings/Messages Features
Under the Tobacco Control Act of 2015 (implementing regulations issued in 2019), pictorial health warnings are required to cover 65% of each principal display area of tobacco product packaging. The picture portion of the warning shall occupy 80% of the space set aside for the warnings, with the text portion occupying the remaining 20%. Four warnings have been issued and are required to be rotated equally within each batch of a tobacco product brand over a 24-month period.
The law aligns with FCTC Art. 11 and the FCTC Art. 11 Guidelines with respect to size, location, rotation, and content.
Under the Tobacco Control Act of 2015, the import, manufacture, distribution, processing, and sale of smokeless tobacco products are prohibited.