Last updated: January 9, 2023
Advertising and Promotion
(e.g., seizure of the product, publication of the violation/violator)
Applicable agencies of the Ministry of Finance
Violations are punishable as follows:
- Not displaying health warnings at the point of sale or not displaying it in accordance with the law: fine of 200 laris for a first offense; fine of 500 laris for subsequent offenses
- Promotion of tobacco products in raffles or lotteries, or sweets/toys that imitate tobacco products: fine of 2,000 laris and confiscation for a first offense; fine of 4,000 laris and confiscation for subsequent offenses
- Distributing coupons, or selling tobacco products via internet or mail: fine of 2,000 laris for a first offense; fine of 4,000 laris for subsequent offenses
- Direct personal communication, network marketing or giving promotional material or information: fine 1,000 laris and confiscation for a first offense; fine of 2,000 laris and confiscation for subsequent offenses
- Telemarketing and consumer research, or retailer incentive programs: fine of 5,000 laris for a first offense; fine of 10,000 laris for subsequent offenses.
Direct or indirect sponsorship by a tobacco manufacturer, importer and/or retailer is subject to a fine in the amount of 5,000 laris. Repeated sponsorship violations will result in a fine in the amount of 10,000 laris.