Lawyers’ Circle Forum
The Lawyers’ Circle Forum is an online community of tobacco control attorneys who share tobacco control information, questions and ideas with one another. The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids sponsors one forum for English speakers and another forum for Spanish speakers. Lawyers may apply to be members of both sites.
Members use the Forums to:
- Discuss common concerns and issues related to tobacco control legal issues
- Exchange legislative drafting tips and litigation strategies
- Observe worldwide legislative and litigation trends
- Share legal documents such as laws and court pleadings
- Search posts and the document library for subject matters relevant to you
- Debate, question, advise, and connect with each other
Not yet a member?
- Apply to become a member of the Lawyers’ Circle Forum
- Apply to become a member of the Foro del Círculo de Abogados
- Apply to become a member of the Forum du Cercle des avocats
Topics for Discussion
ENFORCEMENT: Share your experience with government or civil society’s work to enforce tobacco control laws.
FCTC DEVELOPMENTS: Share information about FCTC-related work including information on upcoming Conferences of the Parties or meetings of the INB for a protocol on illicit trade.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND HEALTH: Share information about using international human rights instruments to protect the right to life and health.
TOBACCO INDUSTRY INTERFERENCE: Discuss the legal implications of the tobacco industry’s tactics to undermine strong tobacco control policies and share any legal efforts to counter them.
LEGISLATION: Discuss the development of sub-national and national laws and regulations in your country that regulate tobacco products.
LITIGATION: Share your experiences and discuss the development of tobacco control litigation involving governments, civil society groups or the tobacco industry.
MEETINGS/WORKSHOPS: Share information and handouts with the online network of lawyers relating to tobacco control meetings and workshops.